Developed in 1902 for The Albion Motor Car Company as offices, working garages and warehousing this building sits within the Soho Conservation Area and is of architectural merit.

Originally developed in 1902 for The Albion Motor Car Company as offices, working garages and warehousing this building sits within the Soho Conservation Area and is of architectural merit. TateHindle designed the complete refurbishment of the building which until recently was used as offices and a post-office.
           
The design involves demolition and rebuilding of the rear of the building, and adding a new 4th floor. The extension is unseen from Poland Street where the original facade is retained, maintaining the existing streetscape. To the rear, light wells are infilled and new terraces formed which creates new, high quality office accommodation.

The building uses underfloor cooling allowing the existing steel structure to be fully exposed. Various elements of the building’s industrial past have been reclaimed and reused including a number of large steel fire doors giving the building a highly contemporary feel aimed primarily at media users.